How to flash upgrade a modem set for Out Of Band Management (%R1)This is a procedure on flash upgrading a MT5634ZBA-V92 or a MT9234ZBA product that has %R1 on by default. Example: MT9234ZBA-OBM flashing from 1.02k to the next release.
1. Go into the folder that has the FlashWizard.exe file.
2. Right click on the icon and select 'Create Shortcut'.
3. On the shortcut just created, right click and go to 'Properties'.
4. Select the 'Shortcut' tab.
5. Go to 'Target:' should see something similar to this:
Target: "C:\Program Files\MultiTech Systems\Flash Wizard\Flash Wizard.exe".
6. Add a -e (space dash e) outside of the last double quote. Should now see:
Target: "C:\Program Files\MultiTech Systems\Flash Wizard\Flash Wizard.exe" -e.
7. Select OK.
8. Now open a terminal session at 115200 8N1.
9. Type AT&F<CR> you won't see this because of the %R1 command, but enter it anyways.
10. Type AT%R0<CR>, now you should see the OK response.
11. Now close the terminal.
12. Double click on the Flash Wizard shortcut that was just created.
13. Then select the new firmware version, com port, device and 115200.
14. Click Next to proceed with the upgrade.
15. After upgrade issue AT&F&W.