MultiTech Showcases Extensive Cellular & LoRa® Portfolio and Services at LoRa Alliance’s 8th All-Members Meeting, Open House and Marketplace Exhibition
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 13, 2017
- Showcase Intelligent and Programmable Cellular IoT Gateway MultiConnect® Conduit™ and Long Range LoRaWAN™ RF Modules Working in Conjunction with Solutions from The Things Network/ARM, WaterBit, PNI Sensor Corporation, STMicroelectronics, HereLab, Actility, Sensoterra, and ITK
- Sponsors Panel Showcasing Cutting Edge Use Cases of IoT Solutions in Agriculture
- Event Date: June 12-14, 2017
- Panel Date: June 13, 2:00-4:00 pm
WHERE: The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia
Demonstrations: Live product demonstrations of MultiTech’s newest wireless industrial IoT technologies will model real-life scenarios across a wide range of industries.
PNI Sensor Corporation
Demonstration highlights PNI Sensor Corporation’s PlacePod™ smart parking sensor, communicating with MultiTech’s MultiConnect® Conduit™ gateway and MultiTech’s MultiConnect® xDot™ long range RF module to provide accurate real-time parking data. PlacePod is the industry’s most accurate magnetic sensing system for vehicle detection with the combination of PNI’s high-performance magnetic sensor and vehicle detection algorithms that accurately detect the presence or absence of a car in a parking space.
- MultiTech’s MultiConnect Conduit is the industry’s most configurable, manageable, and scalable IoT communications gateway able to connect wired and wireless assets and sensors.
- MultiTech’s MultiConnect xDot is a secure, CE/FCC & LoRa Alliance Certified™, ARM® mbed™ programmable, low-power LoRaWAN RF module, that provides long-range, low bit rate M2M data connectivity to sensors, industrial equipment and remote appliances.
Demonstration of the STMicroelectronics sensor board connected to a LoRaWAN end point. Showcases the MultiTech MultiConnect Conduit gateway featuring LoRa® technology and its unique ability to connect environmental sensors located in industrial facilities such as production facilities, precision agriculture and industrial kitchens.
The Things Network and ARM
Firmware updates are an essential requirement for devices that use LPWANs for connectivity to hit the market in volume. The demonstration of this firmware update process, highlights an ARM custom board containing a MultiConnect xDot LoRa radio, plugged into a target MCU (NXP FRDM-K22F), to run the update client. This set up enables quick prototyping because the LoRaWAN stack and the update client run on separate MCUs. On the network side, an update server was built on top of The Things Network’s distributed and decentralized LoRaWAN network server. The update server orchestrates device selection for update, sets up network security and the multicast groupings, schedules fragments and error correction packets, and verifies hashes and firmware integrity.
WaterBit demonstration highlights IoT in agriculture, featuring MultiTech’s MultiConnect Conduit IoT gateway in combination with LoRa technology, MultiConnect® mDots™ and WaterBit’s sensors. Demonstration showcases how WaterBit can now access valuable data from numerous endpoints throughout its dense field site, without dependence on spotty, unpredictable cellular coverage.
- The MultiConnect mDot (MTDOT Series) offers significantly longer range and improved radio performance compared to traditional wireless solutions—resulting in greater transmission range and reduced capital expense.
HereLab has created an island-wide network for Internet-connected sensing to enables new access to valuable public data; life-long learning, and water, land, air and built environment measurement and management. Demonstration highlights MultiConnect mDot, LoRaWAN-certified, low-power wide area network (LPWAN) access RF modules, providing 2-way communication from all sensors in the field. MultiTech DeviceHQ® allows HereLab to easily deploy and scale pre-developed applications onto their MultiConnect Conduit gateway, and connect numerous devices. Through DeviceHQ, HereLab can easily manage and provision gateways via a Web interface.
- MultiTech DeviceHQ is a remotely hosted toolset for managing the latest generation of MultiTech devices
Actility’s demonstration will showcase the emerging LoRaWAN technology of Firmware Update over the Air. An Actility FUOTA server will regularly update several devices connected via a MultiTech MultiConnect Conduit gateway, demonstrating the ability to manage the update of a fleet of devices over LoRaWAN using multicast, reconstructing missing packets and delivering a complete update package of around 110kb to all the devices in around five minutes.
James Brehm, Founder and Chief Technology Evangelist of James Brehm & Associates will lead a panel (June 13, 2:00-4:00 pm) and Q&A on IoT and agriculture. Discussion will center on market size and project growth as well as use cases from panelists, leading MultiTech users. Panelists include:
- Manu Pillai, Founder of Waterbit
- Patrick Phillips, Founder and CEO of HereLab
- Eric Jallas, President of ITK
- Jurriaan Ruys, CEO of Sensoterra
MultiTech has been expanding the connected world by delivering industry-leading communications technology platforms for over 40 years. Offering an extensive line of fully certified and carrier-approved gateways, routers, modems and embedded components, MultiTech works with thousands of customers worldwide to easily enable cellular, analog, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, LoRa®, GPS/GNSS, and other M2M communication capabilities for their IoT applications.
MultiTech Press Contact:
Jennifer Costello, MG Communications; Tel: 781-715-4870, Email: email@example.com