MultiTech Highlights Leading Solutions for the Industrial IoT
MultiTech Highlights Leading Solutions for the Industrial IoT at Mobile World Congress, Embedded World and IBM Interconnect
Live product demonstrations and new announcements from MultiTech regarding its newest IoT technologies at Mobile World Congress, Embedded World and IBM Interconnect.
Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, February 22-25
- LoRa Alliance exhibit, IoT Pavilion, Hall 8, Stand E10: Health and safety demo depicts a construction worker with smart helmet and sensors reporting over MultiConnect® mDot™ LoRaWAN™ ready modules and MultiConnect Conduit gateway to IBM IoT Foundation, Bluemix using IoT Watson. Highlights potential of IoT to improve worker health and safety reporting, including insurance regulatory compliance.
- Stream Technologies exhibit, Hall 7, Stand 7C18: Network demo features a MultiConnect Conduit gateway providing LoRaWAN network coverage to Hall 7 and beyond.
- MyDevices exhibit, Hall 8, Stand 8.0A04MR: Site survey demo and reference endpoint demonstrating the reach of the LoRa Alliance Barcelona network and visualizing its use throughout the event.
Embedded World, Exhibition Centre, Nuremberg, February 23-25
- ARM exhibit, Hall 5, Stand 5-338: Health and safety demo depicts a construction worker with smart helmet and sensors reporting over MultiConnect mDot modules LoRaWAN ready modules and MultiConnect Conduit gateway to IBM IoT Foundation, Bluemix using IoT Watson. Showcases the power of IoT to improve worker health and safety reporting, including insurance regulatory compliance.
- Future Electronics exhibit, Hall 5, Stand 5-358: Health and safety demo depicts an athlete with smart helmet and sensors reporting over LoRaWAN MultiConnect mDot modules and MultiConnect Conduit gateway to IBM IoT Foundation, Bluemix.
- Telit exhibit, Hall 5, Stand 5-445: A MultiConnect Conduit gateway running the deviceWISE agent software and connected to serial, HID, LoRa, and Ethernet-based sensors and programmable logic controllers. Modbus, BACnet, and numerous native logic controller protocols will be demonstrated using the MultiConnect Conduit gateway. The MultiConnect Conduit gateway will also be cloud connected and functioning as a LoRa gateway to bridge sensory data from MultiConnect mDot modules to the Telit IoT Portal.
IBM Interconnect, M2M Grand and Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, February 21-25
- IBM IoT Zone: Health and safety demo depicts a construction worker with smart helmet and sensors reporting over LoRaWAN MultiConnect mDot modules and MultiConnect Conduit gateway to IBM IoT Foundation, Bluemix using IoT Watson to highlight how IoT can improve worker health and safety reporting, including insurance regulatory compliance.
- MultiConnect Conduit – Now in LTE
The MultiConnect Conduit is the industry’s most configurable, manageable, and scalable communications gateway for industrial IoT applications and is ideal for numerous market segments including, Agricultural, Industrial, Smart Cities, and Medical. Each Conduit gateway has the ability to manage thousands of MultiConnect mDot modules and other sensors and transmit their data over any cellular network to a customer's preferred data management platform. MultiConnect mDots are inexpensive radios using the new Semtech LoRa™, low power, wide area RF modulation. MultiConnect mDots bring intelligence, reduced complexity and BOM cost to the very edge of the network by running ARM's mbed OS on a low power ARM® Cortex®-M4 series processor. Limited samples of the new LTE MultiConnect Conduit gateway are now available with general availability later this year.
- Interoperability of MultiConnect Conduit with Microchip’s LoRaWAN™ modules
Users can now seamlessly communicate with sensors and assets that incorporate Microchip’s PIC based LoRa modules in addition to using MultiTech’s ARM® mbed™ programmable mDot LoRa modules.
- Partnership with Actility to Pre-Configure MultiConnect Conduit for the Actility Platform
By joining forces, Actility and MultiTech deliver a complete end-to-end solution to the fast growing LoRa ecosystem, opening a wide range of opportunities for innovative SmartCities and SmartBuildings applications. MultiTech macro-cell Conduit gateways are a small footprint IP67 certified enclosure simplifying roof top or cell mast installations often exposed to rain and extreme temperature. A compact and easy to install indoor version of the Conduit gateway is also available which can significantly extend network coverage in industrial facilities simply and easily without any disruption.
- Launch of MultiTech’s MultiConnect® xDot™
Introduction of the MultiConnect xDot, a secure endpoint module to communicate over LoRaWAN networks. The MultiConnect xDot joins the MultiTech family of LoRaWAN communications devices that also includes the programmable MultiConnect Conduit gateway, MultiConnect mDot modules and MultiConnect® mCard™ gateway accessory cards. This latest addition to the LoRa product line features a compact, surface-mount form factor, mbed enabled processor and very low power consumption for extended battery life.
For enhanced security, the MultiConnect xDot incorporates a hardware-based secure element that delivers dual-key AES-128 encryption for both the network connection and the application itself.
- Introduction of IP67 Rated LoRa Base Station
In response to customer demands for a ruggedized solution to deploy LoRaWAN technology to remote, outdoor locations, MultiTech has packaged the award winning MultiConnect Conduit gateway in an IP67 compliant enclosure in order to provide durable, low-power, wide-area connectivity in support of applications in the agriculture and energy industries, as well as others which require pre-packaged, industrial, weather-proof coverage in remote locations.