MultiTech Expands Reach of Private 5G Networks and LoRaWAN Connectivity with New CBRS and Anterix 900 MHz Devices
Reinforces commitment to Enterprise Private Wireless Networking to accelerate Automation and Digital Transformation across all segments of society
Las Vegas, NV – Sept. 28, 2022 –MultiTech, a leading global supplier of Internet of Things (IoT) devices and services, today announced the expansion of its CBRS compatible product family and the addition of new devices supporting the Anterix 900 MHz spectrum. The announcement highlights MultiTech’s commitment to private 5G & LoRaWAN® networks and providing a broad range of cellular spectrum options to broaden the addressable market for its customers and their connected products and services.
“Our customers realize the benefits of enterprise private wireless networks in solving coverage, capacity and control,” said Daniel Quant, Vice President of Strategic Development at MultiTech. “By expanding support for CBRS, Anterix 900 MHz and LoRaWAN, MultiTech is removing barriers for OEMs, solution providers and enterprises to converge and connect their products, services and processes.”
Converged Private LTE and LoRaWAN networks deliver secure business critical standards-based communication for improved performance and enterprise mobility for both broadband, low-latency and massive IoT applications. CBRS enables enhanced mobile broadband communication using liberalized shared spectrum at 3.55-3.7 GHz. Anterix 900 MHz spectrum enables critical infrastructure and utilities to digitally transform their businesses with broadband long-range connectivity. LoRaWAN connects narrow-band constrained assets and sensors on batteries for years over long ranges and with superior building penetration, coexistence, and noise immunity in the sub-GHz ISM band.
Be sure to visit our booth at Mobile World Congress in the West Hall, Private Mobile Networks Pavilion, Booth W1.440G to see why we're a leader in CBRS, Anterix 900 MHz Private LTE and LoRaWAN hardware solutions. Demonstrations of product and solutions with support for CBRS 3GPP band 48 include:
- MultiTech Conduit®, now supporting LTE Cat 6 broadband backhaul using CBRS band 48, the Conduit is the industry’s most configurable, manageable, and scalable LoRa® gateway for industrial IoT applications.
- SocketModem® Cell, quick-to-market Cellular Embedded Modems (MTSMC-L6G1 USB model) is a complete, ready-to-integrate communications device with a pin-to-pin compatible footprint now adding LTE Cat 6 in 3GPP band 48–CBRS to compliment the 4G LTE Cat 4 and Cat 1 models globally. These quick-to-market communications devices allow developers and OEMs to add wireless communication to products and services with a minimum of development time, certifications, and expense.
- MultiConnect® CBRS Wi-Fi AP access point for use on CBRS cellular networks by school districts, educational facilities, public libraries, hospitality providers and their managed service partners to extend secure, reliable, high-performance W-Fi broadband coverage to people and assets in their homes, schools and in public places without the need for costly cable runs.
- MultiConnect® microCell USB modem, a compact, plug-and-play communications platform makes adding CBRS connectivity to existing assets quick and easy for Chromebooks, notebooks, control systems and smart devices. Ideal and cost effective for connecting a single device natively to a CBRS/OnGo network.
- MultiConnect® eCell CBRS to Ethernet bridge, makes adding private LTE connectivity to existing third-party Wi-Fi access points, video surveillance and AI cameras, Digital Marquee/Signage, and wired assets quick and easy. With LTE Category 12 CBRS OnGo shared wireless spectrum, there’s no need to sacrifice bandwidth when cutting the cable.
- The MultiConnect® rCell 600 series of industrial cellular routers is optimized for secure M2M (machine-to-machine)/Internet of Things (IoT) applications and offers an Ethernet, Wi-Fi or serial network interface platform ready to deploy. The intuitive user interface and cloud device management allows for quick configuration and over-the-air upgrades.
Products available with Anterix band support include:
- MultiTech Conduit®, now supporting LTE Cat 4 Anterix 900 MHz band 8, the Conduit is the industry’s most configurable, manageable, and scalable LoRa® gateway for industrial IoT applications.
- SocketModem® Cell (MTSMC-L1G2D serial and USB models) cellular embedded modem is a complete, ready-to-integrate communications device with a pin-to-pin compatible footprint now adding LTE Cat 4 in the Anterix 900 MHz band to compliment the 4G LTE Cat 6 (CBRS), Cat 4, Cat 1 and Cat M1 models globally. These quick-to-market communications devices allow developers and OEMs to add wireless communication to products and services with a minimum of development time, certifications, and expense.
- The MultiTech Dragonfly™ (MTQ-L1G2D-B02 models) IoT cellular embedded modems are fully certified and MNO approved, ready-to-integrate modules that now offer support for Anterix 900 MHz. Design in is simplified using either the 40-pin board-to-board connector or the industry standard micro USB connector. These quick-to-market communications devices allow developers to add wireless communication to products with a minimum of development time and expense.
- MultiConnect® microCell LTE USB cellular modem (MTCM-L1G2D-B03 models) is a compact and simple communications platform that provides cellular capabilities for fixed and mobile applications. It is intended for use in substation , RTUs, notebooks and smart devices.
- MultiConnect® Cell (MTC-L4G2D serial and USB models) The MultiConnect® Cell cellular modem is a compact communications platform that provides cellular capabilities for fixed and mobile applications. It is intended for use in settings demanding reliable performance under rugged conditions, low power and long range such as remotely monitoring solar micro-inverters, power generators, tanks, pipelines, meters, pumps and valves in any energy, utility or industrial application.
- MultiConnect® rCell 500 Series (MTR5-L4G2D-B04 model) The MultiConnect® rCell 500 Series is an easy to configure LTE broadband wireless and Ethernet router. The configurable serial port on the MultiConnect rCell 500 Series controls IT assets and communicates with industrial appliances.
Demonstrations will also be up and running at UBBA Summit and Plugfest Event 2022, Oct. 10-14 in the Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CA – Booth #15.
MultiTech products connect you to your assets, leveraging proven, standards-based sensor and communications technologies and open architectures to bring systems and processes into the future. We provide expert technical support and partner with our customers to overcome the IoT integration challenges with off-the-shelf and custom products tailored to meet your unique needs. We never stop looking for novel ways to solve problems with technology – a relentless innovation that regularly results in industry firsts. Plus, our U.S. and global manufacturing operations give us the agility and flexibility to develop and manufacture high quality connected devices optimized for both performance and value.
MultiTech Press Contacts:
Jennifer Costello: Tel: +1 781-715-4870, Email: email@example.com