DotBox Lora Demo connection to Senet and My Devices Cayenne
- MultiConnect mDot Box
- MTUDK, MTUDK2 or MTMDK to program the DotBox
If you do not currently have Senet coverage at your location:
- MultiConnect Conduit
- MTAC-LoRa card
To configure the MultiConnect Conduit as a Senet packet forwarder, follow Senet's setup instructions for gateway registration.
Set up Senet for Cayenne.
- Create an account and log in to the Senet developer portal.
- Click "Register New Device."
- Enter "Node ID" for Device ID
- Click the cog for the settings, then "Device Edit."
- "myDevices Cayenne" for the "Forward To" combo box.
- Save the "App Key" for later. This will be teh "Network key" setting (AT+NK)
Set up Cayenne for DotBox
- Click "Add new. . ."
- Expand LoRa, Senet
- MultiTech mDotBox -- LoRa Demo mode.
- On the enter settings dialog:
- Name: anything
- DevEUI: DotBox's Node ID
- Activation Mode: Already Registered
- Tracking: This device moves
- If you do not already have a serial terminal emulator program, install one now. For example: Tera Term
- Connect the DotBox to the PC using the ribbon cable and a UDK/MDK
- Select configuration mode on the DotBox
- Open TeraTerm or other serial terminal on your PC and connect to the appropriate serial port. On Windows this will be "STMicroelectronics STLink Virtual COM Port."
- Baud rate: 115200
- Data: 8 bit
- Parity: none
- Stop: 1 bit
- Flow control: none
- Run commands:
- AT+NK=0,<App Key>
- Return to main menu by holding the SW1 button.
- Select "LoRa Demo mode.
Now, when you return to MyDevices Cayenne you should see data from the DotBox's sensors.